21 Oct New Website connects Wisconsin's employers and job seekers
Madison, Wis. – If you are looking for a job or an employee, there is a new tool from the state of Wisconsin to help. At a time when more people are worried about the direction of the national economy, I am proud to launch JobCenterOfWisconsin.com, a free employment connection Internet site which will make it easier for employers and job seekers to make connections in Wisconsin.
The Internet-based site is free to both employers and job seekers and is available 24-hours a day. Job seekers can explore job opportunities from their home computers or at Job Centers, libraries, or any other places with public Internet access.
The new Job Center of Wisconsin will benefit not only workers with several years of experience, but also those just starting out – whether they have an advanced degree or are just graduating from high school. Our goal is to help all workers find the best available job and to help employers easily locate the employees they need to grow their businesses.
Among the most significant improvements:
- An easy, fill-in-the-blank feature helps job seekers create professional-looking resumes that can be saved, emailed or printed.
- Users may keep resumes confidential or make them available for search by employers.
- Employers can search for skilled employees through key search terms.
- Job seekers can find a list of job fairs and other employment and training events in their area.
- A toll-free help number connects callers with trained staff who can provide assistance and information about employment and training.
- The site has a user-friendly design with simple navigation.
The early returns
Already we are seeing great results. Employers have posted more than 26,000 job opening on JobCenterOfWisconsin.com and thousands more are added every week.
JobCenterofWisconsin.com replaces the state’s JobNet system, which was created in 1993 and has become outdated. A second round of upgrades will be added in December, including workshop sign-ups; wage, job trend and career information; and simplified methods for employers to save job postings. Users will also be able to view short demonstration videos that describe various careers.
Our common goal is a healthy and growing Wisconsin economy. That is why I urge you to visit JobCenterOfWisconsin.com to see for yourself the improvements we have made. And please help spread the word to your business associates. The more people use JobCenterOfWisconsin.com, the more effective it will be.
The opinions expressed herein or statements made in the above column are solely those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Wisconsin Technology Network, LLC. (WTN).
WTN, LLC accepts no legal liability or responsibility for any claims made or opinions expressed herein.