16 Sep GE Healthcare IT unveils next generation Centricity PACS-IW
Barrington, Ill. – GE Healthcare IT, a leading provider of healthcare information technology, today introduced a new version of Centricity PACS, the first major solution to derive from GE’s Dynamic Imaging. Providing an intuitive platform for radiologists, the solution has made significant strides to improve performance, interface navigation, and ergonomic design.
The recent installment of GE’s Centricity PACS-IW expands acclaimed Web-based PACS technology and delivers additional innovative tools aimed to sustain flexible IT models for outpatient imaging centers, virtual radiology practices, physician offices, and hospitals.
“The performance we’ve experienced with 3.7.1 has been impressive. The software `screams’ with speed, and our upgrade occurred with no downtime due to partnership with GE’s service engineers,” said Jesse Salen, vice president of sales and technology, Online Radiology Medical Group. Online Radiology’s impressive virtual radiology business spans the entire US, with board certified radiologists reading approximately 900,000 studies per year.
“3.7.1 represents a major milestone for Centricity PACS-IW,“ said Khal Rai, general manager, Dynamic Imaging Solutions, GE Healthcare IT. “The new offering delivers innovative new functionality for key performance areas to effectively manage and stay ahead of the growing volume of imaging studies. We’re proud to bring such exciting technology to our customers worldwide.”
Significant new capabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Study Layout and Navigator enhancements, including an exclusive, ergonomic approach to user interface design that improves upon and retires the need for the traditional drag `n’ drop interface used throughout competing PACS solutions.
- Enhanced Comparison capability, which enables the concurrent display of series from a virtually unlimited number of studies, all at the control of the user.
- HTML templates for referring physician result emails, to include customer branding.
- Performance improvements for image insertion and mapping, improving upon our leading technology by up to 400%. These improvements are important for scalability, as well as for replacement PACS customers to dramatically reduce the time for study migration.
- Performance improvements for the time to display the first image, bringing consistent, fast performance for studies of any size, from those with just a few images, to those with thousands of cross-sectional images.
- Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI) support, enabling the use of an EMPI (if available), as well as manual auto-linking of MRNs, to rapidly identify historical studies on PACS-IW across the enterprise.
- Support for Windows Vista and IE7, for all client devices, including referring physician access.
- Demonstration requests for 3.7.1 are available via this link. For more information about Centricity PACS-IW, new implementations of 3.7.1, or upgrades to 3.7.1, please contact us at 1-888-303-PACS, or visit us online at www.dynamic-imaging.com.
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, performance improvement, drug discovery, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies is helping clinicians around the world re-imagine new ways to predict, diagnose, inform, treat and monitor disease, so patients can live their lives to the fullest.