25 Aug Nine Wisconsin IT firms make Inc.com's fastest-growing list
Madison, Wis. – Nine Wisconsin information technology companies were named to Inc.com’s second annual ranking of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the country.
Inc.com, the online arm of Inc. magazine, tracked company growth from 2004 to 2007. The Wisconsin IT businesses, their ranking, 2007 revenue, and four-year growth rate include:
• CCI, a Milwaukee IT services firm, #174, $6.2 million, up 1,377 percent.
• Sajan, a River Falls business services company with patent-pending communications technology, #345, $7 million, up 848 percent.
• Software One, New Berlin, a software license procurement and agreement management services provider, #879, $104.1 million, up 410 percent.
• New Resources Consulting, a Milwaukee-based project management and consulting firm, #1652, $13.6 million, up 229 percent.
• Webcom, a Milwaukee software developer, #2,632, $2.9 million, up 138.9 percent.
• Wisdom Info Tech, Brookfield, which provides software-led IT services, #2,702, $17.1 million, up 135.2 percent.
• Centare Group, a Brookfield IT services company, #3,553, $4.6 million, up 91.5 percent.
• Mortgagebot, Mequon, a financial services business that uses Web-based technology to originate online mortgage loans, #3,761, $23.7 million, up 82.3 percent.
• Heartland Business Systems, an IT solutions business headquartered in Little Chute, #4,500, $49.6 million, up 55.5 percent.
The 5,000 companies that made the list reported aggregate revenue of $185 billion and median three-year growth of 147 percent.
In all, 68 Wisconsin independent businesses made the list, which was headed by Senior Whole Health, a health insurance company based in Cambridge Mass.
The largest business category was IT Services, with 579 Inc. 5000 companies. Business services (532 companies), construction (459), manufacturing (405), and advertising and marketing (361) rounded out the top five industries.
The Inc. 5000 is available at http://www.inc5000.com.