05 Mar Merge Healthcare releases new teleradiology software
Milwaukee, Wis. – Merge Healthcare has announced that its Merge Teleradiology division has introduced a new “TeleRead” application to simplify teleradiology workflow.
Merge TeleRead is a software package that integrates with other solutions, including picture archiving and communication systems, so that radiologists can place information in a dedicated teleradiology worklist. From this worklist, information can be manually or automatically transmitted to an offshore reading center.
According to the company, this integration allows images, prior reports, prior image studies, and scanned documents to be sent electronically.
Merge, a Milwaukee-based a medical imaging software and services provider, has introduced a number of upgraded healthcare IT products as it attempts to move beyond financial reporting errors that led to the resignation of several top executives in 2006.
• Merge Healthcare announces more losses, new cash focus
• NASDAQ council stays decision on Merge listing
• Merge Healthcare continues downward trend; SEC to probe finances
• Merge to introduce new “teleradiology” tool
• NASDAQ panel grants Merge another reprieve