17 Aug Three Wisconsin cities rank high for business opportunity
Madison – Three Wisconsin metropolitan areas have been ranked among the top American cities for business opportunity in Expansion Management magazine’s 2007 “Mayor’s Challenge.”
Madison, Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, and La Crosse all ranked in the top 50 of this year’s challenge, with Madison as the top ranked Wisconsin city at number 14. Austin-Round Rock, Texas was the top ranked area, followed by Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minn., Raleigh-Cary, N.C., metro Washington, D.C., and Kansas City, Mo.
Metro Milwaukee and La Crosse ranked 43rd and 45th, respectively.
Cities were evaluated on public schools, quality of life, college educated workers, healthcare costs, logistics and infrastructure, taxes and government spending, and reputation among site consultants.
Expansion Management is a business magazine for executives who are looking to expand or relocate their companies.
• Tom Still: Magazine rankings give a “thumbs down” to Wisconsin business
• Sonic Foundry listed among the nation’s fastest-growing small software companies
• Wisconsin ranks 30th in New Economy index
• UW-Madison MBA program ranked among best for investment return
• UW among top biotech patent producers