23 Jul Sonic Foundry listed among the nation's fastest-growing small software companies
Madison, Wis. – Sonic Foundry, a Madison-based rich media communications company, has been named by Baseline magazine as the sixth fastest-growing software company among publicly-traded U.S. software businesses with sales of less than $150 million.
The rankings are based on a comparison of each company’s revenue in its most recently reported full fiscal year versus the previous year. Sonic Foundry reported revenue growth of 51 percent in 2006, a year in which sales grew from $8.3 million to $12.6 million.
J.L. Halsey, an e-mail technology and marketing solutions business, was the fastest growing company in this category with sales growth of 1003 percent.
Rimas Buinevicius, chairman and CEO of Sonic Foundry, said the ranking validates the company’s continuing reinvestment in MediaSite, its Webcasting product. The company is set to launch a new Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product for rich-media Webcasting, and also is expanding into the online video market.
• Sonic Foundry reports GAAP loss as Q2 revenues rise
• Directory shows high-tech growth spurt in Dane Co.
• Sonic Foundry upgrades Mediasite for podcasts
• New Sonic Foundry search engine finds words, phrases in video presentations
• Sonic Foundry completes $11.25M stock offer