19 Jun Schneider National exec joins TrafficCast board
Madison, Wis. – Paul Schneider, a director for the Green Bay-based transportation firm Schneider National, has been elected to the board of TrafficCast International, a Madison-based provider of digital traffic data.
At Schneider National, Schneider is responsible for new business development and pricing of more than $3.5 billion in annual revenue.
“Schneider is a long-haul trucking company and a leading company in transportation logistics, so there is synergy between Paul’s expertise and our company,” said Connie Li, co-founder and CEO of TrafficCast.
Li said the TrafficCast board now has expertise in areas like fleet logistics, traffic theory, and software development. In addition to Li, the board also includes Terry Kelly, president of Weather Central; Dr. Bin Ran, co-founder of TrafficCast and a professor in the Transportation Engineering Department at the University of Wisconsin-Madison; and Lauren Flanagan, managing director of the Phenomenelle Angels Fund and CEO of SCIO Corp.
Phenomenelle Angels Fund of Madison joined NEW Capital Fund of Appleton as the leaders of a $2 million round of angel investing for TrafficCast. The funding will support product development and sales in the U.S.
The company’s operation in Shanghai, China is funded by Mitsubishi and other investors, Li said.
• TrafficCast secures $2M from Phenomenelle Angels, NEW Capital Fund
• Research explains why women lack equal access to angel capital
• TrafficCast secures $1 million line of credit
• TrafficCast integrates new information source
• Traffic data firm navigates international business
• Madison-based TrafficCast makes national inroads as data provider