05 Jun Software exec Jan Eddy to receive "Seize the Day" award
Madison, Wis. – Jan Eddy, an entrepreneur who built and rebuilt technology-based companies in Wisconsin, is the winner of the 2007 “Seize the Day” award, which will be presented June 13 at the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference in Milwaukee.
Eddy, who has overcome business and personal health challenges in recent years, will accept the award and speak during a conference luncheon at the Milwaukee Hyatt Regency.
Eddy, who has been involved in the technology industry for more than 30 years, is the founder of Wingra Technologies, an e-mail-related software company. She helped the company regain traction following an acquisition in which its stock value plummeted by two-thirds.
Wingra has since been sold to Quest Software, which has expanded the business.
Recipients of the “Seize the Day” award are selected by the Entrepreneurs’ Conference steering committee, and the award is presented by the Wisconsin Technology Council and the Wisconsin Innovation Network.
• Technology exec Jan Eddy to receive “Seize the Day” award
• Business plan finalists capture technology
• MatriLab wins Governor’s Business Plan Contest
• Tom Still: Embracing failure is a necessary step for successful entrepreneurs
• Wingra Technologies acquired by California software company