21 Nov Weather information companies launch data product
Madison, Wis. – Two Madison-based weather information businesses have launched an integrated traffic and weather data product for local television media outlets.
RouteCast, the platform of Weather Central, Inc. and MyWeather, LLC, is designed to drive viewers to a station’s on-air, online, mobile, desktop, and digital content.
With the help of a third Madison firm, the platform was used to customize a solution for WRAL-TV in Raleigh, N.C. The station’s traffic incident database has been combined with historical traffic analysis and incident data from TrafficCast International, Inc., a Madison-based developer of traffic data, and SpeedInfo, a maker of traffic flow sensors located in San Jose, Calif.
MyWeather said it will introduce the new product to all 450 local affiliate clients.
• Meterologix Media Division acquired by Madison-based Weather Central
• MyWeather, LLC Acquires WeatherPoint Business From Tribune Media Services
• Weather Central launches second satellite
• Madison-based TrafficCast makes national inroads as data provider
• Traffic.com adds Milwaukee to service cities