30 Oct CDW names VP to handle Berbee merger
Madison, Wis. – CDW Corp., the Illinois-based technology provider that recently acquired Berbee Information Networks, is elevating a top salesman to handle Berbee’s transition into the company.
The company has put vice president of sales Steven Schuldt in charge of merging Berbee, a Madison-based technology solutions provider, into CDW.
CDW, headquartered in Vernon Hills, Ill., acquired the privately-held Berbee on Oct. 11 for approximately $184 million in cash.
Schuldt will lead all aspects of the transition, including sales, marketing, IT, and operations, and report to Berbee CEO Paul Shain as an officer of both companies.
Schuldt, who joined CDW in 1993 as an account manager and rose to vice president of corporate sales, was responsible for driving revenue in two major geographic sales regions.
CDW also appointed Maria Sullivan, former vice president of learning and development, to vice president of the company’s small business division. Sullivan will manage sales operations and will report directly to Executive Vice President James Shanks.
CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 5,250 workers, including more than 600 on-staff engineers and technology specialists. In 2005, the company generated sales of $6.3 billion, and serves several prominent technology companies, including Apple, HP, IBM, Microsoft, and Sony.
• Berbee believes acquisition by CDW will make it a national IT player
• At Berbee, president replaces founder as CEO
• Berbee buys Appleton IT firm
• Berbee designated a Microsoft Small Business Specialist
• Berbee wins two Microsoft awards
• Cisco names Berbee a top partner of 2005
• Berbee adds features to VoIP broadcast system
• Microsoft rewards Berbee for project management expertise
• Berbee Data Centers complete audit, certification
• Berbee acquires Ohio IT company, expands eastward