03 Oct Cedara launches new version of DICOM toolkit
Toronto, Ontario – Cedara Software, a Merge Healthcare company and an independent developer of medical software technologies, has released a new version of its digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) toolkit, MergeCOM-3.
The product is a software development kit (SDK) that now supports Microsoft’s .NET development environment and supports flexible DICOM connectivity for software applications.
DICOM is a set of standards for handling, storing, printing, and transmitting medical images that has been widely adopted by hospitals. It enables the integration of scanners, servers, workstations, printers, and network hardware from multiple vendors into a picture archiving and communication system.
“In software development, engineers are generally divided into two camps – those who are diehard supporters of .NET and those who are not,” said Peter Bascom, vice president of engineering at Cedara, in a press release. “With this new release, a broader community of developers will be able to use Cedara’s leading edge tools for DICOM connectivity.”
Previous versions of MergeCOM-3 Advanced Integrator’s Toolkit have been developed to support software development in over 30 operating system/platform combinations, including native Java.
Cedera’s parent company, Merge Healthcare, has its corporate headquarters in Milwaukee, Wis.
• Merge eMed releases software upgrade
• NASDAQ will continue to list Merge
• Merge Healthcare appoints new CEO, reports $215 million Q2 loss
• Merge files financial reports by market opening
• Cedara Software in partnership with i-Dent Imaging
• Kodak to distribute Cedara mammography medical imaging software
• Merge Technologies to merge with software company