25 Jul Financial executives to launch Madison chapter
Madison, Wis. – Organizers of Financial Executives International, a 15,000-peer network of financial and tax executives, academics, and audit committee members, has announced the formation of a local forum for networking and community influence.
The group offers an opportunity for professional peers to share information about the ethics, highest standards, and best practices of finance.
“A handful of us realized that the business dynamics of the Madison area are different from other parts of the state. We saw a practical need for a Madison chapter,” said D. Michael Jack, senior VP and controller of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.
To kick off the Madison area chapter, slated for chartering in September, FEI has extended an invitation to all South Central Wisconsin financial executives to attend an informational and networking meeting on August 17, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., at the Madison Club’s second floor Capitol Room, 5 E. Wilson St.
The FEI is waiving the $250 national fee for new FEI Madison Chapter members for a limited time, and walk-ins are encouraged to attend the meeting.
• UW-Madison MBA ranks 51st in U.S., from no ranking last year
• Ethics Board to put financial disclosures online with new grant
• Tony DiRomualdo: Financial transparency is good; performance transparency is better
• Ronald Kral: Technology Implications of Sarbanes-Oxley
• Deron Curliss: Enhancing Relationships with Investors