12 Dec Eight tech companies get Commerce grants
Eight Wisconsin companies will receive state grants under the Department of Commerce’s Technology Assistance Grants program, the governor’s office said on Monday:
• InvivoSciences LLC, Wauwatosa: $15,000 for planning and grant writing. Developing tests to measure physiological responses of cells.
• Esker Technologies LLC, Milwaukee: $6,000 for planning and grant writing. Makes electronic systems including wireless communication. Not to be confused with Esker Software, which has an office in Madison.
• NeoClone Biotechnology International, Madison: $5,000 for grant writing. Makes antibodies for biotech researchers and companies.
• Praesto Inc., Fitchburg: $5,000 for grant writing. Developing a device to transfer data from homes to health-care providers.
• Healthcare Technology Systems Inc., Madison: $4,250 for proposal writing. Makes computer systems that collect data from patients.
• Knowledge Builders Instructional Development Corporation, Onalaska: $3,600 for grant writing. Develops online training programs for health-care providers.
• RelateNow LLC, Madison: $2,650 for grant writing. Provides information about autism and therapy online.
• Procubed LLC, Kenosha: $1,500 for grant writing. Developing technology for wheelchairs.