28 Sep J.J. Keller, Modine Manufacturing, Gustave A. Larson Co., Esker, Firstlogic, Software One
• J.J. Keller & Associates is launching Prospera, an online personnel management tool which was beta tested on more than 13,000 human resources professionals, the company announced Tuesday. The tool is built around is built around five areas of concern for human resources staffs: plan, staff, compensate, develop and review. Prospera focuses on how those areas affect a company’s bottom line; then it illustrates, step-by-step, how to perform more than three dozen critical tasks, the company says.
J.J. Keller, based in Neenah, Wis., is a specialized publisher and services provider that employs more than 1,000 people.
• Modine Manufacturing Co. introduced its new bus air conditioning system to the North American market and showcased a wide range of thermal solutions for the transportation market at the APTA (American Public Transit Association) EXPO 2005 in Dallas, Texas Sept. 26-28. Modine is featuring its new bus cooling technology, gained through its Asian acquisition in 2004.
Modine, with record fiscal 2005 revenues and operating cash flow of $1.5 billion and $156 million, respectively, specializes in thermal management systems and components, bringing heating and cooling technology and solutions to diversified global markets. Modine employs more than 8,200 people worldwide at 35 facilities.
• AT&T announced Tuesday that it has won a three-year, $1.2 million networking contract from Pewaukee, Wis.-based Gustave A. Larson Co., a wholesale distributor of residential and commercial heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, parts and supplies.
AT&T will help the company manage its $40 million inventory by providing a high-speed, high-bandwidth network integrating its 43 distribution centers across the Midwest, and enabling Larson to maintain the 24-by-7 servicing environment. AT&T will provide a fully managed Internet protocol virtual private network (IP VPN) to help the company more efficiently track inventory. AT&T also will provide a fully managed data security solution, including a secure e-mail gateway and a network-based firewall, from its Internet Data Center (IDC) in Arizona. AT&T operates 26 IDCs around the world.
• Esker Software, which provides automated document delivery solutions and services and an SAP Software Partner, on Tuesday named as a certified partner Dolphin IT-Project and Consulting Corp., an integrator of SAP solution-based content management products and services. The Esker-Dolphin partnership expands the reach of Esker DeliveryWare to Dolphin’s customers in need of automating document delivery from SAP solutions to external partners, and from external document sources like incoming faxes, e-mails, and legacy systems into an SAP solution-based content management and archiving framework.
• Business communications applications, systems and services provider Avaya Inc. has deployed Firstlogic’s data quality and data profiling systems. Avaya, of Basking Ridge, N.J., is combining La Crosse, Wis.-based Firstlogic’s Information Quality Suite and IQ Insight data quality and profiling solutions with a project management methodology to manage its information quality globally and enterprise-wide.
• New Berlin, Wis.-based Software One has achieved AV Premier Partner Status with software publisher McAfee, the company has announced. It is one of 20 such partners nationwide. In business since 1985, Software One provides licensing and license management services to corporate, academic, not-for-profit and government organizations across the nation.