07 Mar Five more companies eligible for angel tax credits
Wisconsin is encouraging angel investment in five more tech companies by offering tax credits, bringing the list of those eligible under Act 255 to 17.
Governor Jim Doyle on Monday added three biotechs, one health IT company and an audio technology company.
The state’s Act 255 was passed last year to help finance start-up companies with a variety of programs, particularly tax credits for investors.
This week’s five companies were:
• BioSystem Development, LLC (Middleton, founded in 2002) – protein assay tests
• EMetagen, LLC (Madison, 2002) – antibiotics
• BellBrook Labs LLC (Madison, 2002) – assays for drug discovery
• SirkPath, Inc (Neenah, 2000) – health records
• Sound Focus LLC (Madison, 2003) – sound projection