Fusion 2012 CEO-CIO Symposium -
March 7-8, 2012
Fusion 2012 Coverage
Every year a group of executives deepens their ability to deliver business value through information technology by sharing knowledge and experiences with their peers at the Fusion CEO-CIO Symposium.
The feedback from Fusion 2011 was outstanding: a 99% satisfaction rating for the event overall. As always, our advisory board and conference chair and co-chairs deserve much of the credit for vetting content and making sure it is relevant, high-quality and commercial free.
Fusion draws a well-rounded audience of decision makers including CIOs, CEOs, COOs and CFOs. Fusion is a highly interactive event. Your presence in the sessions and at the networking events will put you front and center. Network with your peers and engage in lively discussions.
• Amplifying the Enterprise: When Technology Trumps IT
Speaker: Mark McDonald, Group VP, Head of Research, Gartner Exec. Programs
• Demystifying Big Data - Finding Business Insights Without Breaking the Bank
Phil Shelley, Chief Technology Officer, Sears Holdings Corporations
• The Making of A "Social CIO": Are you Ready?
Bruce Richardson, SVP and Chief Enterprise Strategist, Salesforce.com
• Cloud Surfing: A New Way to Think About Risk, Innovation, Scale and Success
Tom Koulopoulos, Founder and CEO, Delphi Group
Additional speakers include:
• Dr. William R. LaFontaine, VP, Tech Strategy & Worldwide Ops, Research, IBM
• Steve Schlecht, CEO, Duluth Trading Company
• Jerry Fox, Vice President, Information Technology, Rockwell Automation
• Bentley Curran, Vice President of Information Technology & CIO, Brady Corporation
• Sue Peterson, VP-Information Technology, Sargento Foods Inc.
• Dr. Igor Steinberg, Ph.d, CIO, Madison College
• Kay Plantes PhD, Principal, Plantes Company LLC
• Luke Lonergan, CTO, Vice President and Co-Founder, Greenplum
• Steve Tack, CTO, Compuware
• Alisa Maclin, VP of Marketing for IBM's Smarter Commerce Initiative
• Teri Bruns, President, Core BTS
• Tom DeCoster, Vice President, Service Solutions, CDW
• Steve Krenz, Program Director, IT Service Management, Compuware
All topics and sessions are vetted by a the advisory board to ensure a lively discussion and non-commercial message.
Previous CIO attendees say:
"It is always helpful to me to speak with CIOs from outside of healthcare to see how their issues/interests are the same as or different from those in healthcare."
--Kerra Guffey, CIO, Meriter Health Services (2011)
"I find this conference very satisfying because the value of the knowledge of the attendees bringing together what is happening in the world of technology in their organizations."
--Tom Kress, Director of Applications Services, Journal Communications (2011)
"Once again Mike and the team orchestrated another top notch symposium filled with valuable content delivered by industry heavyweights."
--Neal Ruffalo, VP & CIO, ACUITY (2011)
"Very good conference as always. I appreciate the openess with which the presenters speak and lack of sales pitches."
--Greg Beach, IT Director, WI Dept of Commerce (2011)
"Fusion provides the ability to share real world experience's with other CIO's. Fusion provides me the ability to learn about emerging technology trends that can be practically applied to our own situation."
--Guy Ringle, SVP, Management Information Systems, WPS Health Insurance (2011)
"I find the perspectives of the assembled CIO's the most valuable part of the conference. I think the conference does a great job of giving everyone involved a 'pulse of the industry.' Great job."
"I appreciate the practical and useful perspectives that I gain from both the presenters and the attendees at Fusion conferences. In fact, what sticks with me for several months after the conference are the practical ideas that come from interactions with attendees, either from 1-1 discussions with presenters or sharing experiences and issues with other CIOs."
"Fusion was an impeccably organized event targeted at senior IT leaders, with conference tracks designed to share, collaborate and ideate. The tracks were relevant in today's IT thrust areas, the networking was invaluable, information and knowledge exchanged was thought-provoking. Well done!"
"This was my first year at Fusion and I was very impressed with the audience and the content of the presentations. Audience interaction was impressive and the networking sessions were valuable. Nice venue, well organized, great sponsorship investment."