According to the 2018 IT Career Outlook report from SpiceworksIT, as many as one-third of IT workers will look for a new job in 2018.
The reasons why they might look for a change differ between age groups, from millennials to Gen Xers and baby boomers. SpiceworksIT surveyed 2,163 IT workers from North America and Europe to bring you these answers, and they have provided some of the motivating factors that may help you retain your best people, including:
1. IT workers are satisfied, but feel underpaid
2. Millennials and Gen Xers want more skills
3. Work-life balance is important, especially for Gen Xers
4. They want IT to be a priority
5. Baby boomers are burnt out
6. Millennials want better benefits and perks